Saturday, September 3

The End of Our Wedding...

Well, that's it... it's over. Our wedding is officially over. I unpacked our final wedding gifts today, the china. You'd think that I'd feel special, that I get to stretch my wedding out for 14 months, leaving all kinds of presents to discover that I kinda forgot I received. But, I'm sad about exactly that, my wedding is over :)

At the end of the day, the unpacking of these boxes is kinda like marriage. Your life together starts out like this...


unpacking all these boxes, figuring out how to deal with the mess that you came together as...


you start to find the treasures, put yourselves, your "new" selves together over the year...


and you never quite make it into even rows, perfect in all ways, but you make it work. Even 14 months later, when the wedding ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment